Warning: Division by zero in /home/customer/www/buildingmagazine.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bertha-ai/classes/class-bertha-ai.php on line 429
'Staircraft' - Full Ownership | BUILDING MAGAZINE

‘Staircraft’ – Full Ownership

Staircraft, which makes timber staircases, flooring and doors is now under the full ownership of Travis Perkins.

Travis Perkins first acquired a 15% stake in Staircraft in 2015 and has now bought the remaining 85%.

Frank Elkins, chief operating officer said: “We have enjoyed a close working relationship for the past six years with Staircraft and believe this partnership has many more opportunities for further growth potential for both parties”.

“Staircraft is a very exciting business, technology led and well known for innovation and quality, and also for delivering engineering solutions that are developed offsite in factory based conditions. This means that their offering plays right into our future strategy of elevating our customer relationships by providing new areas of value added products and services that deliver efficiency, quality, sustainability and innovation in design, engineering and production”.

Staircraft has been in business since 1986 and has 350 employees. The company has its headquarters in Coventry and operates from three manufacturing sites across the UK.

Staircraft managing director and founder Andy Hamilton will remain in post with his leadership team under the new ownership. He said: “For us, being part of Travis Perkins plc will give us access to new markets, investment and growth opportunities. We also know that our businesses are a great match from a cultural and values driven perspective, and that this partnership will give our colleagues access to new and improved benefits and career and development prospects over time”.